Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The Heart of a Hero by Susan May Warren

Series: Global Search & Rescue #2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell 
Released: June 2, 2020
357 pages
About the Book:

Rescuing Aria Sinclair is just what former SEAL Jake Silver needs in order to redeem his past mistakes. Keeping her distance from Jake is what Aria needs to protect her heart. As a hurricane turns paradise into peril, they must save themselves and others in this story of second chances and survival--and the cost of both.
 













My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐

Filled with life threating situations. Starts with a boat crash and then a hurricane and the threats to life just continue. I liked Jake as a character, he was determined to follow his heart and rescue Aria when he wasn't even sure what was happening. Aria frustrated me, she was constantly wavering on her thoughts and decisions especially with her personal feelings towards Jake. She gave him such mixed signals. There was a side storyline happening with Hamilton overseas that I did not care about at all. The ending left me with wondering if I missed what happened to a certain person. They played a role in helping Aria, but then it seems they disappeared. What happened? There was too many close calls for it to feal realistic about the injuries sustained. It was okay, but I was only invested in one character and didn't care for many of the others.

(I borrowed a copy of this book from the library; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

Take A Chance on Me - Christiansen Family #1

The Way of the Brave - Global Search & Rescue #1

Nothing but Trouble - PJ Sugar #1

Double Trouble - PJ Sugar #2

Point of No Return - Missions of Mercy #1

You Don't Have to be a Star - Montana Fire Prequel

If Ever I Would Leave You - Montana Rescue Prequel

Wild Montana Skies - Montana Rescue #1

Rescue Me - Montana Rescue #2 

A Matter of Trust - Montana Rescue #3

Troubled Waters - Montana Rescue #4

Storm Front - Montana Rescue #5

Wait for Me - Montana Rescue #6

Flee the Night - Team Hope #1

Escape to Morning - Team Hope #2

No comments:

Post a Comment