Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Review: Always on My Mind by Susan May Warren

Series: Christiansen Family #4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Tyndale House
Released: Dec. 18, 2014
399 pages
About the Book:

After a failed dig in Honduras, aspiring archaeologist Casper Christiansen heads home to Minnesota to face his unresolved feelings for Raina Beaumont, the woman of his dreams. But when he arrives unannounced on her doorstep, he receives the shock of a lifetime: Raina is pregnant with someone else’s baby.

Heartbroken, especially when he discovers the identity of the baby’s father, Casper tables his dreams and determines to be dependable for once, helping his older brother, Darek, prepare the family resort for its grand reopening. Casper longs to be the hero of at least one family story, but a never-ending Deep Haven winter and costly repairs threaten their efforts—and the future of the resort.

Worse, one of Casper’s new jobs constantly brings him into contact with Raina, whom he can’t seem to forget. A tentative friendship begins to heal fresh wounds, but can they possibly overcome past mistakes and current choices to discover a future together?
 

My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐

The story of Casper and Raina was tough. Neither are in a great place when the story begins. They are both struggling due to events from the past. Casper finds out what secret Raina had been keeping from him and he tries to put her out of his mind, but doing that. Raina was really hard on herself and I hated that she felt like she didn’t deserve more and was settling, I was anxious for her to understand that God cared about her and wanted more for her. Even though this story deals with some difficult issues, I did not want to put it down. I had to know things would end positively. I had grown to like Casper in the previous books and really felt his pain through this one. I loved how the author showed the importance of turning everything over to God and that success is not measured by your career but by how you live your life. I really liked what dad, John said to his sons, Darek & Casper at one point: "There is no life bigger than the one lived, every day, in the awe of God. God showing up in our lives to love us despite ourselves. That is a treasure we can find every single day." I have connected with this family and am glad that I don't have to say goodbye to these characters yet. 

Favourite Quote: 
“God showing up in our lives to love us despite ourselves. That is a treasure we can find every single day.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment