Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Review: Licensed for Trouble by Susan May Warren

Series: PJ Sugar #3
Genre: Mystery/Suspense 
Publisher: Tyndale House 
Released: July 16, 2010
375 pages
About the Book:

PJ Sugar receives shocking news that she’s inherited the Kellogg family mansion. Though she has no idea why, the timing is perfect—PJ has clearly worn out her welcome at her sister’s house. Unfortunately, the mansion is in shambles, and PJ is short on cash. Rescue comes in the form of Max Smith, a mysterious handyman willing to trade his services for PJ’s investigative skills. But PJ already has a full docket with cramming for her PI license and nurturing a growing romance with her boss, Jeremy Kane. Can she take on Max’s case without dropping the ball?








  

My Rating & Thoughts:    

PJ has inherited a house that needs a lot of work so her sister recommends a handyman to her. Max, the handyman, has amnesia and has spent the last 3 years trying to build a new life but wondering who he really is. PJ and Max agree to trade services, he will work on making repairs needed to the house and PJ will try to figure out who he is. PJ has no idea why she inherited a house from someone she barely knew so she begins digging into this inheritance to figure out why. Meanwhile she is also trying to figure out where Max came from and who he really is. This leads her on a dangerous mission and her life is threatened a couple of times. I really enjoyed reading the diary entries.

PJ continues to struggle with seeing herself how others see her, she still sees herself as her high school nickname describes her, trouble. I felt PJ’s relationship with her sister is stronger in this book and Connie was able to speak frankly with her and get PJ to recognize that she has grown since high school days and is not who she used to be. Eventually PJ starts to accept what her sister is saying and begins seeing herself as more than just trouble.

This was my favourite of the series as I found myself more engaged in figuring out the two mysteries. I was glad the love triangle was over and appreciated that PJ ended up with the character I liked. I did feel like the storyline with the mom was thrown in as an after thought and didn’t really add to the story.

Overall this series was enjoyable as cozy mystery, I could see these books as hallmark movies.  

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment