Monday, October 31, 2022

Review: Body of Evidence by Irene Hannon

Series: Triple Threat #3
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: Oct. 3, 2022
360 pages
About the Book:

Forensic pathologist Grace Reilly has seen her share of unusual deaths in rural Missouri. But when she begins to notice a curious pattern in autopsies of elderly residents whose demise appears to be natural, she takes her concerns to Sheriff Nate Cox.

Nate is skeptical about the link Grace is seeing between the deaths--and her suspicions of foul play. But her persistence is compelling. Once she finally convinces him her theory is credible and they join forces to investigate, danger follows. Because exposing the truth could destroy several lives--including Grace's.



  



My Rating & Thoughts:    

I flew through this book and read it in less than 24 hours. Grace Reilly is a forensic pathologist and while performing an autopsy she discovers something that reminds her of another case she worked not that long ago. This raises her suspicions that maybe this person did not die of natural causes as suspected. After comparing her case notes she is pretty sure the two cases are connected and that the victims did not die of natural causes. She takes her concerns to the local Sheriff Nate Cox. He can’t immediately see the connection that Grace is seeing but eventually he agrees with her findings and the two begin working together for answers. While Grace runs tests Nate interviews various people. Meanwhile Grace’s car is vandalized, and a suspicious present is left at her home. Are these incidents connected to her theory or is she being targeted for another reason? Nate and Grace work together to piece together all the little bits of information they have.

Knowing that anyone could be the villain I was suspicious of everyone I met. There were two particular people I suspected early on, but then ruled them out for various reasons. However, I never should have doubted myself with one of them because it turned out I was right to suspect them.

This book kept me guessing and engaged in the plot. I loved the combination of suspense and romance. The romance between Nate and Grace stays in the background while the investigation is ongoing. I loved the interaction of these two and couldn’t wait for their first date to eventually happen. My only negative comment about this book is some of the autopsy scenes go into quite a bit of detail and is not for the squeamish. 

I really enjoyed this conclusion to the series and spending time with each of the Reilly sisters individually and together. Their sisterly banter was fun. I recommend reading this series to anyone who loves suspense with a bit of romance mixed in.


Favourite Quote: 
“There's someone out there for you too. I know it. Someone who won't care in the least that you cut up dead bodies for a living.”

(I received an ARC of this book from Revell through NetGalley; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment