Sunday, October 9, 2022

Review: A Memory Between Us by Sarah Sundin

Series: Wings of Glory #2
Genre: Historical Romance 
Publisher: Revell 
Released: Sept. 1, 2010
432 pages
About the Book:

Major Jack Novak has never failed to meet a challenge--until he meets army nurse Lieutenant Ruth Doherty. When Jack lands in the army hospital after a plane crash, he makes winning Ruth's heart a top priority mission. But he has his work cut out for him. Not only is Ruth focused on her work in order to support her orphaned siblings back home, she carries a shameful secret that keeps her from giving her heart to any man. Can Jack break down her defenses? Or are they destined to go their separate ways?








  

My Rating & Thoughts:    

Are we willing to trust God when something bad happens to us?

This story features the brother of Walt from book one and picks up during the same time period. Just like his younger brother Jack is a pilot serving overseas and Ruth is a nurse in an Army hospital.

The characters captured my heart almost from the moment I met them. I especially liked the friendship between Ruth and May. When we first meet Ruth she is a nurse hasn’t connect with anyone around her and is basically all alone until May pushes her for friendship. The more I got to know Ruth and learn about her background, my heart hurt for her. She has been through so much already in life and is trying to carry all her burdens on her own. I was glad that Jack and May were pushy in forming a friendship with her. This may have pushed her outside of her comfort zone, and caused her hurt at times but in the end really helped her grow as a person and find a relationship with God along with happiness.

There is one scene where Jack really made me mad. I could understand his initial reaction to finding out something about Ruth’s past, but when she shares more about what happened I was very annoyed with how he reacted.

I liked the main characters of Ruth & Jack, but it was their friends May & Charlie that were my favourites. So much so that I shed tears at one particular scene. I liked that Charlie confronted Jack about his actions and made him think about whether or not he was putting his trust in God or in himself. 


Favourite Quote: 
“If she knew the results, it wouldn't be trust.” 
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment