Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Jane Reviews: Flee the Night by Susan May Warren

Series: Team Hope # 1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Tyndale House
Released: March 1, 2005
326 pages
About the Book:

Ex-CIA operative Lacey Montgomery is a liar, a murderer, and a fugitive—or is she? Former Green Beret Jim Micah must either prove her innocence or bring her to justice. Too bad his heart won't stay out of the way. With a little girl's life and national secrets hanging in the balance, Jim and Lacey must trust God to help them flee the secrets of the night.

 

Goodreads / Amazon


Flee the Night Quote 1
 
My Rating & Thoughts:  ðŸŒŸ 🌟 ðŸŒŸ   (3 stars)

I found myself getting into this story pretty quickly at the beginning with Lacey on edge and trying to determine if someone was after her, then the train wreck happens and Lacey ends up in hospital. Lacey’s daughter goes missing and she is arrested for murder. With limited options Lacey she calls her old friend Micah for help. However these two haven’t spoken for 7 years and there are issues between them that make this uncharted territory for them both. They once loved each other but never expressed their feelings and Micah is sure she is guilty of killing her husband, his best friend. When Lacey calls Micah he is torn between wanting to bring her to justice for killing her husband and wanting to help her find her daughter so he sets out to do both. Will he succeed with his mission or does God have different plans for him?

The story began to lose me during the search for the daughter. There were events that happened that felt impossible. The constant back and forth between Micah and Lacy trying to decide whether or not to trust one another frustrated me and felt very repetitive. I also struggled to follow all the talk about the computer program EX-6. I decided to keep with it and near the end there were quite a few twists and turns that had me on the edge wondering if things would work out.

Two of my favourite parts of the story were the flashbacks to Micah and Lacey’s high school times and the strong faith of Micah with his determination to get Lacey to understand that God is there for her. I enjoyed the way the story ended.

Flee the Night Quote 2
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this
review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
JaneReads

Other Books in the Series:
Waiting for Dawn  2 Escape to Morning  3 Expect the Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment