Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sunburst by Susan May Warren (Review)

Series: Sky King Ranch #2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: June 7, 2022
353 pages
About the Book:

When former Navy SEAL and lifelong bachelor Ranger Kingston is called upon to take part in a rescue mission to save his brother Colt, who has been kidnapped by terrorists in Nigeria, he is shocked to find among the hostages a woman he knows and could never forget.

Noemi Sutton was attempting to return a young girl to her family in Boko Haram territory when she and the girl found themselves taken hostage, along with several others.

And while Ranger Kingston may be able to get the hostages away from their captors, he'll need Noemi's help if he ever hopes to get out of Nigeria alive.

Her solution? Pose as husband and wife. But when her uncle discovers the union, he insists on a traditional Nigerian wedding--binding Noemi to a man destined to break her heart. Worse, she's discovered the real reason she was kidnapped, and anyone around her is bound to be caught in the cross fire. Including her so-called new husband.

She'll need to figure out a way to leave the man she loves if she wants to save his life.
 

My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐

This story is filled with action and kept me guessing what was going to happen next. I was fully invested in the rescue and escape from Nigeria, however the flashback scenes threw me at times. It felt choppy and I had to reread lines to understand what was happening. I enjoyed the prequel that set up the previous relationship of Ranger and Naomi, but at times their choices frustrated me. When the story switched to Alaska with another character I was so confused at first. There were some parts that made me a bit uncomfortable, a few too many innuendos for what was a fake relationship at the time. I did really enjoy seeing the Kingston brothers together and overcoming their past conflicts. There is a continuing storyline from book one that is referred to in this one but is not resolved/finished in this book. Need to pick up book 3 to finish story.

(I received a copy of this book from a friend; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

Take A Chance on Me - Christiansen Family #1

Nothing but Trouble - PJ Sugar #1

Double Trouble - PJ Sugar #2

Point of No Return - Missions of Mercy #1

You Don't Have to be a Star - Montana Fire Prequel

If Ever I Would Leave You - Montana Rescue Prequel

Wild Montana Skies - Montana Rescue # 1

Rescue Me - Montana Rescue #2 

A Matter of Trust - Montana Rescue #3

Troubled Waters - Montana Rescue #4

Storm Front - Montana Rescue #5

Wait for Me - Montana Rescue #6

Flee the Night - Team Hope #1

Escape to Morning - Team Hope #2

No comments:

Post a Comment