Sunday, October 6, 2024

If I Live by Terri Blackstock

If I Live
Series: If I Run # 3
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: Zondervan
Released: March 6, 2018
352 pages

About the Book:

Casey Cox is still on the run after being indicted for murder. The hunt that began with her bloody footprints escalates, and she’s running out of places to hide. Her face is all over the news, and her disguises are no longer enough. It’s only a matter of time before someone recognizes her.

Dylan Roberts, the investigator who once hunted her, is now her only hope. Terrifying attempts on Dylan’s life could force Casey out of hiding. The clock is ticking on both their lives, but exposing the real killers is more complicated than they knew. Amassing the evidence to convict their enemies draws Dylan and Casey together, but their relationship has consequences. Will one life have to be sacrificed to protect the other?







My Rating & Thoughts:    


Aug. 24 update - reread this book after purchasing a copy, and I was just as hooked as I was when I initially read it. I didn't remember the details of what happened, so there were moments that shocked me at the villains' capabilities and actions. We see Casey grow and discover God over the course of the series, and I am pleased with the way it ended. Highly recommend if you are looking for fast-paced action and characters to root for.

Original Review:

None stop nail-biting action! Don’t let your guard down because you never know what is going to happen next. It appears that Casey finally has a chance at justice, but she has to say alive long enough first. There were many times I was scared witless for Casey and Dylan. Never knowing who to trust. Some chances they take work out and others backfire. I was shocked at the extent of villain’s reach and how much control over others he had. Through it all, though, Casey learns that God is on her side and always watching out for her. She learns to find the good moments in amidst the tough ones. I loved getting inside the characters' heads (including the villain), this allowed me to really understand the characters and what motivated them. It was a struggle to make myself put this book down once I started it; as much as I wanted to savour it, I devoured it over the course of two evenings. This is a series that MUST be read in order.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment