Sunday, September 2, 2018

Jane Reviews: Bobbins and Boots by Shanna Hatfield

Series: Baker City Brides # 4
Genre: Historical Romance
Released: March 23, 2017
305 pages
About the Book:

How does an act of kindness result in. . . marriage?

One carefree cowboy is about to find out in this sweet historical romance!
Born dirt-poor into a life of hardship, Allie Tillman seizes the opportunity to better her situation by answering an advertisement for a mail-order bride in the West. Upon her arrival in Baker City, Oregon, she discovers her intended is a low-down, lying thief. Determined to avoid a life of drudgery with him, she grasps at the one thing that will keep him from forcing her to be his wife — marrying another man.

Good-natured cowboy Ben Amick had no idea a simple trip into town would completely change his life. When he happens upon a mail-order bride desperate to avoid marrying her fiancΓ©, Ben does the first thing that pops into his head and weds her. Willingly, he gives her the protection of his name and his arms, never expecting her to capture his heart.

Humorous, heartfelt, and awash in sweet romance, Bobbins and Boots captures the tender and tumultuous emotions of falling in love.
 



Bobbins and Boots Quote 1
 
My Rating & Thoughts:  πŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 🌟 πŸŒŸ   (5 stars)

This is by far my favourite in this series. Ben works on the Jordan ranch and from the brief encounters we have had with him in the previous books we know that he is a hard worker and always willing to lend a hand. This book gives us the opportunity to get to know him better and the more I got to know him the more I loved him. Allie has had a really hard life and came to Baker City with dreams of a better future, but those hopes seem to be dashed the moments she steps off the train. Thankfully she meets a couple of our Baker City friends and her life takes a turn she hadn’t quite imagined. Ben heads to town on an errand run and ends up returning to the ranch married to someone he just met. How did that happen?  

Ben was wonderful towards Allie, providing her with comfort, possessions and protection that she has never experienced. He works to show her that he is not like her father and he quickly falls for her gentle spirit. He begins the process of courting her, setting out to win her heart. Knowing that she needs time to become comfortable around him he is gentle and caring towards her. Allie has a gentle strength about her, she is determined to give her best and contribute any way she can, but because of the way she was treated growing up she believes she is not worthy of much. I loved watching Ben and Allie go from married strangers to a couple in love.  

I absolutely loved all the interactions with the other Baker City characters we have gotten to know through the course of this series. It felt like I was reuniting with friends. I was sad when this book ended, I could have hung out on the ranch with these two and the rest of the gang for much longer. I loved this book with its wonderful mix of humor that made me laugh out loud, romance that made me swoon and characters that I loved.

  Bobbins and Boots Quote 2

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this
review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
JaneReads

1 comment:

  1. So happy you enjoyed it! Ben and Allie are pretty special. :)

    ReplyDelete