Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Jane Reviews: The Cost of Betrayal

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Bethany House
Released: Sept. 4, 2018
384 pages
About the Book:
In Dee Henderson's novella "Betrayed," Janelle Roberts is freed--thanks to people she doesn't know--after serving six years of a twenty-year sentence for a murder she did not commit. But a murderer is still at large, and Janelle needs to be somewhere safe with someone she can trust. She may not survive another betrayal.

In Dani Pettrey's "Deadly Isle," Tennyson Kent is trapped on the isolated island of her childhood by a storm surge, and she is shocked when the typically idyllic community turns into the hunting grounds of a murderer. Cut off from any help from the mainland, will she and first love Callen Frost be able to identify and stop a killer bent on betrayal before they become the next victims?

In Lynette Eason's "Code of Ethics," trauma surgeon Ruthie St. John saves the life of Detective Isaac Martinez. After a betrayal leads to him getting shot and then attacked while in recovery, Isaac is now a key witness determined to testify. But someone is intent on silencing him--and those around him--forever. Together, Ruthie and Isaac go on the run, desperate to escape the killers hunting him.
Goodreads / Amazon / Christianbook
Dee Henderson's Website / Dani Pettrey's Website / Lynette Eason's Website

My Rating & Thoughts:  ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ   (4 stars)

Betrayed by Dee Henderson
I enjoyed the following the progress as Ann unraveled a cold case. With the help of her husband Paul they are able to correct a mistake that had been made. It made my heart happy to see them work together to correct this mistake and to do what they could to help Janelle deal with the consequences of this. However the ending left me frustrated and feeling cheated. There was no closure provided to the cold case. I did not like that I was left with questions and no answers to who the real killer was.

Deadly Isle by Dani Pettrey
This one included a ton of suspense from the beginning and the whole way through. Who is after Teni and will she be safe? I did not want to stop reading until I knew the villain was caught. I was taken by surprise by the reveal of the villain. On the character relationship side I really enjoyed following the second chance Callen was given, can he win her back? Getting to know their background story had me cheering for them to reunite.

Code of Ethics by Lynette Eason
Another story filled with suspense and action. Isaac comes into Ruthie’s OR with a shoulder wound. When Ruthie is checking up on him in recovery she catches someone trying to kill him. She is able to thwart the attack, but the would-be killer gets away. Isaac is determined to find the evidence needed to stop those after him, but is in no condition to do it on his own. Ruthie decides to help him. Danger seems to follow them wherever they go, can they find the evidence before the bad guys? I was on the edge of my seat while I followed along with the search for evidence. Ruthie was spunky and Isaac was determined, I enjoyed the bits of romance that were mixed in throughout.

(I received an ARC of this book from Bethany House through NetGalley;
opinions expressed in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)JaneReads

No comments:

Post a Comment