Sunday, September 30, 2018

Jane Reviews: Random Acts of Outrage by Christy Barritt

Series: Holly Anna Paladin Mysteries #6
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: River Heights
Released: Sept. 16, 2018
228 pages
About the Book:
When Holly Anna Paladin’s fourteen-year-old foster daughter, Sarah, disappears, Holly senses something is terribly wrong. The teen has a life-threatening disease, and if circumstances don’t harm Sarah, running out of her medication will.

Holly turns to the one person she knows she can trust—Chase Dexter. He’s one of the city’s finest detectives, but he’s also her ex-fiancΓ©. Can the two work together to find answers and rescue Sarah? Or is the history between them too great an obstacle?

With every minute that passes and every new lead that’s found, the urgency to find Sarah escalates and Holly’s outrage grows. She’s determined not to let Sarah down. But as danger closes in, Holly’s world veers on shattering . . . and this time it might be beyond repair.

Goodreads / Amazon
Christy Barritt's Website
 Random Acts of Outrage Quote
My Rating & Thoughts:  πŸŒŸ 🌟 πŸŒŸ πŸŒŸ πŸŒŸ   (5 stars)

The story opens with Holly Anna’s foster daughter, Sarah, missing. Some believe that she has runaway but Holly is positive that this is not the case. Holly ends up working closely with her ex, Chase, trying to find the girl which puts a strain on her relationship with her current boyfriend, Drew. Sarah’s medical condition and Holly’s determination have you rooting for Sarah to be found quickly. The mystery encompasses a ton of suspense that kept me guessing and twists I didn’t see coming. But it was the personal relationships that kept me turning the pages. I love watching Chase and Holly interact, but I also love the support and questions her friend Jamie has for her. I am team Chase and want Holly back together with him so I loved that they spent so much time together and that some of their feelings were addressed. However the ending left me wanting the next book now!

(I received a copy of this book from Ms. Barritt; opinions expressed in this 
review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
JaneReads
Other Books in Series:
1 Random Acts of Murder  2 Random Acts of Deceit  3 Random Acts of Malice
4 Random Acts of Greed  5 Random Acts of Fraud

No comments:

Post a Comment