Friday, January 12, 2024

Review: Jimmy by Robert Whitlow

Genre: Legal Fiction
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Released: September 20, 2005
520 pages
About the Book:

Once you look at the world through Jimmy's eyes, you'll never see it the same again.

Jimmy's world is a place where a boy can grow to be a man, even if he's "special." Where angels hover, mostly unseen. Where danger can happen, and hearts can falter--but love is never wasted.












My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐


This is not my typical kind of read. It follows Jimmy, a 13 mentally challenged boy who has an especially close relationship with his stepmother and grandfather. Story takes place over the course of a few years and presents situations that will make have you forming an opinion. Different situations had me worried that bad things were going to happen and people would be mean. It was interesting to see the world through Jimmy's eyes. The scene with him accepting Jesus into his heart was touching. The ways he went about getting his grandpa to agree to come to church were entertaining. He was an example to those around him. I was sobbing at the ending, it is not a happy ending but I am glad I read this book. It really made me think and take a walk in someone else's shoes for a little while. I really enjoyed the interaction between the family members and the courtroom scenes were really well done. At times I did feel like the story moved a bit slow and the football scenes confused me. This is heartbreaking story that shows evil in the world but that Jesus provides comfort.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment