Sunday, January 7, 2024

Review: Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris

Series: Southern Crimes #2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell 
Released: April 29, 2014
322 pages
About the Book:

Emily Hunt might come from a family of cops, but she never goes looking for an adrenaline rush. She lives the quiet–well, relatively quiet–life of a teacher and thrives on making a difference in the lives of her students. But she’ll have to draw on a well of strength and savvy she didn’t know she had as student Rafael Cerda takes her class hostage for ransom money to save his brother’s life.

Undercover cop Mason Taylor has been working with Rafael to find his brother and bring the cartel thugs who hold him to justice. Can he talk Rafael down from his impulsive actions? And is there something more sinister at work here than he realizes?





  

My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐


I could not put this book down once I started. A high school classroom is taken hostage and the police need to figure out how to resolve the situation quickly and safely. What has sparked these events? This book picks up about 4 months after book one, the two main pov's are different from book one but the include the same main family and work team. I loved the continuation of the characters. Majority of the story takes place in one day but it believable. I gasped and was shocked quite a few times at various twists that happened. I feel like we really got to know these characters fairly well and what motivates them and I enjoyed seeing them bond. There was a lot of depth to the story. Book ends with a cliffhanger and I must pick up book three immediately to find out what is going to happen next. Plus I am not ready to say goodbye to these characters.

Favourite Quote: 
“Forgiveness is a choice. A conscious decision to let go.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment