Monday, January 22, 2024

Yours Truly, Thomas by Rachel Fordham (Review)

Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Revell
Released: July 1, 2019
309 pages

 About the Book:

For three years, Penny Ercanbeck has been opening other people's mail. Dead ends are a reality for clerks at the Dead Letter Office. Still she dreams of something more--a bit of intrigue, a taste of romance, or at least a touch less loneliness. When a letter from a brokenhearted man to his one true love falls into her hands, Penny seizes this chance to do something heroic. It becomes her mission to place this lost letter into the hands of its intended recipient.






My Rating & Thoughts:    


I finished this book with such happy feelings. I loved so much about it - the friendship between Penny and Dinah, the letters exchanged, the community members of Azure Springs, spunky Margaret, and of course the friendship that turns romantic. The main characters are dealing with grief, tough decisions, and learning to embrace new beginnings. I loved bravery of Penny and how the community of Azure Springs welcomed newcomers. Margaret was a great character, full of wisdom but also fun and meddlesome at times. So many scenes made me laugh and others just warmed my heart. I want to spend so much more time with these characters, I'm sad it's over. The epilogue provided a wonderful brief picture of what the future held for these characters.

Favourite Quotes: 
“I think God knows we need reminders from time to time. He wraps up a little blessing in a sound or a smell. A testimony of his love. That smell, that memory is a gift just for you.”
“Far too many relationships have been ruined simply because the right questions were never asked.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)


Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment