Saturday, January 27, 2024

All Right Here by Carre Armstrong Gardner (Review)

Series: The Darlings # 1
Genre: Women's Fiction
Publisher: Tyndale House
Released: May 16, 2014
385 pages
About the Book:

Ivy Darling can't have children of her own, and her husband Nick's resentment is forcing them apart. And while Ivy has the support and love of her large, close-knit family, Nick's family has never welcomed her into the fold. When the three children next door are abandoned by their mother, Ivy and Nick take them in for the night. One night becomes several, and suddenly Ivy and Nick find themselves foster parents to the only African-American kids in the town of Copper Cove, Maine. As Ivy grows more attached to the children, Nick refuses to accept their eclectic household as a permanent family. Just as Ivy begins to question whether or not she wants to save her emotionally barren marriage, Nick begins to discover how much Ivy and the children mean to him. But is his change of heart too little, too late?




  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


This is a family drama story. Ivy & Nick can't have kids and this is causing tension in their relationship as well as with Nick's family. Ivy makes a decision to bring the neighbor kids into their home when they are abandoned by their mom and tells Nick what they are going to do rather than discuss it with him. I felt like they rarely talked about things and acted more like roommates than husband and wife. It was Nick that I didn't like at first but then it switched to me not liking Ivy's attitude and actions. Nick grew on me the more time I spent with his point of view and he realizes the problems between him and Ivy and he is trying to improve. There is also a storyline going on with Ivy's sister that I did not like. I was interesting in seeing if Nick and Ivy could repair their relationship and what was going to happen with the kids. The creativity of DeShawn with the grilled cheese sandwiches was an interesting addition to the story. The ending left me wanting more, it felt like they things were resolved without any communication. This story covers topics such as forgiveness, choosing how you decide to respond and learning that past actions can have consequences on your future.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment