Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Review: Hidden Agenda by Lisa Harris

Series: Southern Crimes #3
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell 
Released: December 30, 2014
322 pages
About the Book:

Michael Hunt is alive--and on the run. Presumed dead by friends and family, the undercover assignment he's been working for the past eight months has just been blown. With a hit out on his life and corruption inside the Atlanta police department, Michael finds himself hunted by both the cartel and the law. His only hope is the daughter of the man who wants him dead.










  

My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐


I went into this book wanting to know about Michael and what was going on. The beginning was great, it felt like I was watching a tv crime show playout and I was on the edge of my seat. I liked how Ivan and his sister Olivia risked themselves to save a guy they didn't know. They are now running for their lives but the bad guys always seem to be able to track them. we are dealing with the cartel and corrupt police officers, who can they really trust? I really liked Ivan, but sometimes it felt like he was younger than 19 and I questioned his ability to know what he did due to his hearing disability. There is a lot of action happening throughout that kept me invested, but there were a few times where it seemed to jump and it ruined a bit of the flow. I did not care for the romance between the characters at all. Emotions are running really high and they both have so much that should be dealt deal before they can really explore their feelings, but they are already talking long term. I enjoyed seeing characters from the previous books and enjoyed seeing the family reunited.

Favourite Quote: 
“Being a Christian isn't about religion, it's about a relationship with Christ.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment