Sunday, August 20, 2023

Review: Deeper Water by Robert Whitlow

Series: Tides of Truth #1
Genre: Legal Fiction
Publisher: Thomas Nelson 
Released: June 1, 2008
385 pages
About the Book:

In the murky waters of Savannah's shoreline, a young law student is under fire as she tries her first case at a prominent and established law firm. A complex mix of betrayal and deception quickly weaves its way through the case and her life, as she uncovers dark and confusing secrets about the man she's defending--and the senior partners of the firm.

How deep will the conspiracy run? Will she have to abandon her true self to fulfill a higher calling? And how far will she have to go to discover the truth behind a tragic cold case?










My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐


In this story, we are following a law student who has strong Christian values and a very conservative upbringing. Faith plays a large part of this story, and I enjoyed the way it was presented. There is no doubt that this is a Christian fiction book. The book opens with her home on spring break trying to find a summer law clerk job. I enjoyed how she openly talked with her parents about the choices and how they each prayed about the various situations that arose before committing. Once she arrives at the law firm, she is challenged with one particular case and has to fight for what she believes is right. At times she came across as younger than a 3rd year law student as she struggled making decisions on her own and always wanted to refer to her parents. However, I was proud of her for standing up for what she believed in. I liked how we got point of view from the client she is assigned to as it helped the storyline to get their perspective. Not everything went smoothly for Tami and she had to learn how to deal with stuff on her own. There is a minor romance storyline with two male characters interested in her however this is in more in the background and isn't a big part of the story, but it does leave readers with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of the book. A large portion of the first half of the book is spent introducing us to the characters and the actual case doesn't start until after the 40% mark. However, I did enjoy really getting to know Tami and learning her background. I have suspicions on the answer to the cliffhanger question that I will be moving on to book two to find out if I'm correct.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment