Friday, August 18, 2023

Review: Dangerous Beauty by Melissa Koslin

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: September 6, 2022
346 pages
About the Book:

Liliana Vela hates the term victim. She's not a victim, she's a fighter. Stubborn and strong with a quiet elegance, she's determined to take back her life after escaping the clutches of human traffickers in her poor Mexican village. But she can't stay safely over the border in America--unless the man who aided in her rescue is serious about his unconventional proposal to marry her.

Meric Toledan was just stopping at a service station for a bottle of water. Assessing the situation, he steps in to rescue Liliana from traffickers. If he can keep his secrets at bay, his wealth and position afford him many resources to help her. But the mysterious buyer who funded her capture will not sit idly by while his prize is stolen from him.



  


My Rating & Thoughts:    

These characters really drew me in. Lilianna was a fighter, she has escaped a horrific experience, and in the midst of her healing she is determined to save others even when it means putting herself in harms way. Meric was an intriguing character, he rescues Lilianna by marrying a stranger, takes her into his home, and provides for her making sure she feels safe, but then he avoids her most of the time. We know he is keeping a lot of secrets, and I wanted to know what they were. I would keep hoping for more scenes that shared his thoughts and what he was up to. Through the challenges, Lilianna is able to get to know him and the two of them are able to form a connection that allows them to communicate without words. I flew through this book as I didn't want to put it down. I liked the way portrayal of human trafficking was handled; it showed the horror of it without going into too much detail. My two negatives were one I kept waiting for faith in God to play a larger role in the characters lives and second that we were given an epilogue to see a bit into the future.

Favourite Quote: 
“The most worthwhile things are difficult.”

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment