Saturday, February 23, 2019

Jane Reviews: Silenced by Dani Pettrey

Series: Alaskan Courage # 4
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Bethany House
Released: May 6, 2014
336 pages
About the Book:
Jake Knew Something Was Wrong. But He Never Guessed How Wrong.

A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna's route brings her face-to-face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something darker? When the case is handed to overburdened sheriff Landon Grainger, he turns to Jake Westin for help. With Jake's past now revealed, he's ready to use his talent for investigation again--but he could never prepare for where the mystery will take him.

Kayden's climbing expertise soon leads her and Jake to the realization that the death was no accident. And worse, it seems the killer is onto them. When strange things begin happening in Yancey, Jake is terrified that once again his world may put someone he loves in danger. But the truth is far worse than he could ever imagine. 



My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟    (3 stars)

This book felt like it was telling three separate stories; two did tie together in that Jake and Kayden were working together. But Reef’s parts did not feel like they really fit in and at times took me out of the flow of the original story.

When Kayden discovers a dead body Jake leads the search for answers. Once they realize that the man was murdered, the investigation deepens and weird things start happening. Are the strange things connected to the investigation or is something else going on? It wasn’t until the kidnapping (almost three quarters of the way through) that I really became invested in the book and did not to put it down.

I struggled with the relationship between Kayden and Jake. I felt like I was missing a lot of information between them, like what attracted them to each other? Since the beginning of the series Kayden has been in opposition to Jake and was pretty mean to him at times, but once she finds out what he has been hiding she now loves him? How did she go from one of the other? I think I would have been more connected to them getting together if I had experienced more of the shift in their feelings.

What I enjoyed the most about this book was spending more time with the other McKenna family members and their significant others that I have grown to know through the previous books. Just because I was disappointed in this book, I look forward to reading book 5 and spending more time with the McKenna family.


(I purchased my copy of this book;  opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

JaneReads_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment