Friday, February 8, 2019

First Line Friday: Brunch at Bittersweet Cafe


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books

Today's book is:  Brunch at Bittersweet Cafe by Carla Laureano

About the Book:
Baker and pastry chef Melody Johansson has always believed in finding the positive in every situation, but seven years after she moved to Denver, she can’t deny that she’s stuck in a rut. One relationship after another has ended in disaster, and her classical French training is being wasted on her night job in a mediocre chain bakery. Then the charming and handsome private pilot Justin Keller lands on the doorstep of her workplace in a snowstorm, and Melody feels like it’s a sign that her luck is finally turning around.

Justin is intrigued by the lively bohemian baker, but the last thing he’s looking for is a relationship. His own romantic failures have proven that the demands of his job are incompatible with meaningful connections, and he’s already pledged his life savings to a new business venture across the country—an island air charter in Florida with his sister and brother-in-law.

Against their better judgment, Melody and Justin find themselves drawn together by their unconventional career choices and shared love of adventure. But when an unexpected windfall provides Melody with the chance to open her dream bakery-café in Denver with her best friend, chef Rachel Bishop, she’s faced with an impossible choice: stay and put down roots with the people and place she’s come to call home . . . or give it all up for the man she loves. 
    


Just released this week! I am currently in the middle of the story. Even though I am not a baker and not very passionate about food, I am really enjoying getting to know Melody. I am loving the close friendship between the girls. 

Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over 
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating! 

8 comments:

  1. This one's next on my TBR! I can't wait!

    I'm featuring Allison Pittman's "The Seamstress" on my blog this week, and since I've just begun chapter 20, I'll share that first line here:

    "It was a hunger like she'd never known."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such good things about this book! I'm going to have to check it out soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Falling for Grace" by Janet W. Ferguson:

    "It was finally over."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I shared the first line from American Omens by Travis Thrasher but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (8) here: "'I believe.' Dowland said with all the conviction and soul he could muster." Hope you have a wonderful weekend with plenty of quality reading time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing such good things about Brunch at the Bittersweet Cafe!

    Today I'm sharing the first line from The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton: "A white flag flew over Fort WIlliam Henry."

    Have a great weekend!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/02/first-line-fridays-woods-edge-by-lori.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday! I’m sharing the first line from Death in the Stocks by Georgette Heyer on my blog today. Here’s the second line:

    “No lamp shone in the window but a full moon sailed in a sky the colour of sapphires, and lit the village with a pale light, as cold as the sheen on steel.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first lines are from A Return of Devotion by Kristi Hunter

    Marlborough, England. 1816

    She should have been prepared. After all, she’d had two months to imagine this moment. In truth she’d done little else besides imagine all the possible scenarios, each one worse than the last.
    But she hadn’t imagined this.

    ReplyDelete