Friday, February 15, 2019

First Line Friday: Breach of Trust


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books.

Today's book is:  Breach of Trust by Rachel Dylan

About the Book:
Corporate litigator Mia Shaw suffers the shock of her life when she finds her colleague and friend brutally murdered. Grief-stricken and furious, Mia vows that she will do anything to seek justice and make the killer pay.

The man accused of the murder is a friend of security tech guru Noah Ramirez, but the evidence just doesn't add up. To save his former ATF partner, Noah needs to convince Mia that the real killer is still on the loose.

Mia soon has more than the criminal prosecution to worry about, however. She is tasked with taking over her friend's last case and learns he was hiding secrets about his client. She thinks she may have stumbled upon corporate espionage that has turned deadly, but she has no idea of the danger involved. Her only ally is Noah, despite their difference of opinion on the homicide case. Can he win Mia over to his side and protect her from ever-growing threats?

   


I decided for this week I would feature a book that released earlier this month. I was introduced to Rachel Dylan through book 1 of this series and couldn't wait for book 3 to be released. I did received an advanced copy so I read this book back in January (which feels so long ago already) and really enjoyed it. If you haven't read anything by Rachel and enjoy legal suspense stories I recommend checking this series out. Click here to see my review of this book.

Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I’m sharing from my current read today, American Omens by Travis Thrasher (Uncorrected Proof). Her is the first line from Chapter 17 “The Same Page”:

    “The moment her father stepped foot in the barn that morning, Cheyenne couldn’t help but let loose with an uproarious laugh.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Weekend! My first line is from "If Only It Were Yesterday" by A. M. Heath:

    "Oomph. Something solid bashed into my shoulder, knocking me off balance."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing lots of good things about that book! Happy Reading!!!

    Today I'm sharing the first lines from A Flight of Arrows by Lori Benton:

    "Satahuhsiyost -- Listen! Open your ears to a story I will tell you."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/02/first-line-fridays-flight-of-arrows.html

    ReplyDelete