Friday, February 1, 2019

First Line Friday: Shattered


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books

Today's book is:  Shattered by Dani Pettrey
About the Book:
Piper McKenna couldn't be more thrilled that her prodigal brother, Reef, has returned to Yancey, Alaska, after five years. But her happiness is short-lived when Reef appears at her house covered in blood. A fellow snowboarder has been killed--but despite the evidence, Reef swears he's innocent. And Piper believes him.

Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. Piper is frustrated with his need for facts over faith, but he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth may mean risking Landon's career.

With Piper waging her own search, the two head deep into Canada's rugged backcountry--and unexpected complications. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step.

    



This is book two in Ms. Pettrey's Alaskan Courage series. I started this series a couple weeks ago and I became so attached to two characters in book 1 that I had to stop halfway through to search the descriptions of the next books to find out if these characters were featured in a future book. I was so excited when I found out it was the very next book! I began this one as soon as I turned last page of book 1. I have now finished it and can tell you that I was not disappointed.

Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over 
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating! 

8 comments:

  1. Happy first Friday of February ��

    I shared the first few lines of Tara Conklin's upcoming novel "The Last Romantics" on my blog today. I am only about 47% into the book so, here, I'll share to you the first lines of the chapter I'm currently on.

    "With Will gone I searched in earnest for Noni, worrying that she had seen us speaking and that I would be forced to explain. Noni did not recognize boundaries when it came to us, her daughters, our skin problems or boyfriends or job prospects. Her questions were always frank and pointed, designed to elicit answers that contained enough salient information for her critique. Dodging Noni's questions had become a sport for my sisters and me, a verbal tennis match with Noni always retaining the serve. I could only imagine what she'd do with Will and the kiss he'd delivered."

    I hope you enjoy those lines. Have a weekend full of great reads! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I missed this book, but I love Dani Pettrey! My first line comes from Between Two Shores by Jocelyn Green — “I told you, I’m not staying.” Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entire series was fantastic!

    I'm currently reading The Secret of Willow Inn by Pat Nichols. Here's the first line: As far back as Emily Hayes could remember, her heart yearned for a sister.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog, I'm sharing the first line from The Christmas Remedy by Cindy Woodsmall and Erin Woodsmall. It's a sweet little book if you haven't read it yet. I'm currently starting The Seamstress by Allison Pittman, so I'll share the first line from this book.

    "My first and last memories are my cousin Laurette."

    I'm very excited to read this book!

    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!
    On my blog today I'm sharing the first line from True Nobility by Lori Bates Wright but I have no extra line to share right now b/c I'm currently in-between books and getting ready to head out to Snow Camp with the youth group. Brrrrr! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Pettrey's work! Thank you for sharing. Here's my First Line Friday if you'd like to stop by! I'm also a blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday!

    My first line is from A Desperate Hope by Elizabeth Camden: "Alex Duval's first hint of trouble was when Eloise failed to appear at their hideaway."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/02/first-line-fridays-desperate-hope-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Weekend! My first line (well, first 2 lines) is from "Ellie's Redemption" by Molly Jebber:

    "Ellie Graber glanced at Joel Wenger across the room. Her heart raced, and her cheeks warmed."

    ReplyDelete