Saturday, November 4, 2023

Review: Lonestar Sanctuary by Colleen Coble

Series: Lonestar #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Thomas Nelson 
Released: Aug. 17, 2008
308 pages
About the Book:

In the quiet safety of the Bluebird Ranch, old promises resurface and unexpected love brings new hope.

Though tragedy has wrecked her life, Allie Siders holds on to the hope that her five-year-old daughter, Betsy, will speak again. But with a stalker out for revenge, all Allie can think about now is their safety. She must sever all ties and abandon life as she knows it. She heads to the peaceful Bluebird Ranch, nestled deep in Texas hill country, and to the only person who can help them.

The ranch is a sanctuary for abused horses, and also for troubled youths: The perfect place for Betsy to grow and recover. Ranch owner Elijah DeAngelo eagerly welcomes the duo. But Rick Bailey - the ranch foreman and DeAngelo's right-hand man - hasn't decided to let his guard down...yet.

Promises made long ago soon force Rick and Allie to work together to escape danger. Will they discover love along the way?


My Rating & Thoughts:    


Allie has a stalker and seeks out her husband's best friend for help to protect her 5 year old daughter. Rick promised his friend Jon he would look after his family if anything happened to Jon. However, due to the guilt he feels for Jon's death two years ago, he never seriously attempted to find Allie. But now Allie arrives at the ranch where he is foreman asking for help. When I realized this was going to be a marriage of convenience story, I was excited because this is one of my favorite troupes. I loved the ranch setting and the interactions of the characters, especially between little Betsy and Rick. There were a lot of secrets being kept that should have been shared before they got further involved with each other. It also felt the characters should have put two and two together about certain events much sooner than they did. Stuff happened right on the ranch, and no one saw any strangers around but they didn't suspect it could be someone on the ranch. That seemed a but naive. I really liked how Rick approached the relationship with Allie and cared Betsy immediately. It was a fun easy read.

Favourite Quote: 
“Love isn't an emotion, it's an action. I figure if I act with love toward you, I might start feeling it.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment