Friday, November 24, 2023

Review: Stay with Me by Becky Wade

Series: Misty River #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Bethany House
Released: May 5, 2020
392 pages

About the Book:

Loving her is a risk he can't afford . . . and can't resist.

When acclaimed Bible study author Genevieve Woodward receives an anonymous letter referencing her parents' past, she returns to her hometown in the Blue Ridge Mountains to chase down her family's secret. However, it's Genevieve's own secret that catches up to her when Sam Turner, owner of a historic farm, uncovers the source of shame she's worked so hard to hide.

Sam has embraced his sorrow, his isolation, and his identity as an outsider. He's spent years carving out both career success and peace of mind. The last thing he wants is to rent the cottage on his property to a woman whose struggles stir his worst failure back to life. Yet can he bear to turn her away right when she needs him most?




My Rating & Thoughts:    

I did not connect with these characters as much as I had hoped to. I liked Sam and could feel his struggles with Genevieve's situation due to his past relationship challenges, however he put his feelings aside various times to support her through. I was more interested in the mystery that Genevieve and her sister Natasha were trying to solve than the romantic relationship. At the end of each chapter is a short flashback scene from the earthquake told in view points of one of the Miracle Five. I did not enjoy this as it took me out of the main story each time. There was also one chapter that felt like it had a very loose connection to the current story and really threw me off making me wonder if there was an error in my kindle version. Did not like the romance, there was way too much kissing for a non defined relationship. I really enjoyed the scene with Alice and Genevieve's family. Such a good example of showing God's love.

Favourite Quote: 

“If she was going to be okay, truly okay again, then that outcome could not depend on anyone except herself and God.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment