Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Jane Reviews: Love Finds You in Lancaster County by Annalisa Daughety

Genre: Contemporary/Amish Romance
Publisher: Summerside Press
Released: July 1, 2011
330 pages
About the Book:
Two women with nothing in common except the need for a friend and a fresh start. When Amish-born Lydia Ann Raber and Southern belle Caroline DeMarco discover a shared history of loss, the unlikely duo decides to open a gift shop in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Lydia Ann is surprised to find herself drawn to handsome woodworker Simon Zook. When God offers her a second chance at love and family, will she take it? Or will the secret Simon harbors cause her even more heartbreak? For Caroline, love comes in the way of newspaper reporter Michael Landis. Their low-key romance is a dream come true for Caroline, a fugitive from an infamous past. Is Michael to blame when the paparazzi start hovering once again, or can Caroline trust him with her heart?

   
 
 

My Rating & Thoughts:    ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ    (5 stars)
 
I read this book in less than 24 hours. Once I started I couldn’t stop. Both women captured my heart. Lydia and Caroline come from two different worlds but their lives end up intersecting and they are able to form an unexpected bond. They realize they have much more in common than first thought. Their friendship helps them deal with their fears and open themselves up to new possibilities. In addition to their own fears standing in the way of second chances at love, secrets are being kept and someone is determined to stand in their way. Can these possible couples overcome the challenges facing them? Can their future look brighter than it currently is?
 
While I did enjoy following Lydia and Simon’s story I found myself more drawn to Caroline and Michael’s budding romance. I quickly found myself wanting things to work out between them. I appreciated that Michael did not push Caroline and let her set a pace that she was comfortable with.
 
I especially enjoyed the secondary characters. Lydia’s cousins and Michael’s parents added quite a few entertaining lines. The descriptions of the area were very well done that I felt like I was visiting Lancaster County myself (hopefully someday). Overall I enjoyed this story and was pleased with the ending.

(I purchased my copy of this book;  opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

JaneReads_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment