Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Review: Countdown by Lynette Eason

Series: Extreme Measures #4
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell 
Released: August 1, 2023
336 pages
About the Book:

A stalker who wants to finish what he started. A US Marshal who's vowed to protect his charge. And one woman who is determined to put the past to in the past.

Flight paramedic Raina Price has been running so long it's hard to stop. To escape a dangerous stalker, she changed her name and disappeared, building a new life with the help of a friend from her time in juvie. It feels good to put her energies into saving people's lives, but because her stalker was never found, she's never stopped looking over her shoulder. And one can only run so far before the past finally catches up.

US Marshal Vincent Corelli's job is to hunt down fugitives and protect those who are assigned to him. When Raina is almost killed right in front of him, he vows to protect her at all costs--whether it's his job or not. Together they work to solve the mystery of Raina's past. But someone is out to make sure Raina doesn't live long enough to do it.




My Rating & Thoughts:    

I was hooked right from the beginning. We are following Raina Price, who is a flight paramedic, and Vince Corelli, who is a U.S Marshal. I loved how Vince and Raina were friends at the very beginning and we find out that Vince has feelings for Raina, but Raina feel like they can only be friends because of events from her past and secrets she's keeping. Vince really supported Rayna and I liked how he encouraged her to trust him. Raina does eventually trust him and realizes that she is unable to get through what she’s dealing with without leaning on somebody. I was glad that she decided to trust Vince and tell him her story. The Suspense kept me intrigued and invested in the story. I do feel like there was one particular character that I didn't really understand their role (but is it explained near the end), but even then, I was left questioning some of their actions. I liked that the faith talk felt natural and not forced. Story is very suspense-filled and faith-filled. They talk about their faith a lot and it felt natural not forced. This book wrapped up the series nicely and I was left with good feelings about what the future holds for this friend group.

Favourite Quotes: 
“We just have to trust that God is still in control when it looks like he isn't and we don't understand why he does or doesn't do something.”

(I received an ARC of this book from Revell through NetGalley; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment