Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Review: Life Flight by Lynette Eason

Series: Extreme Measures #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: January 4, 2022
336 pages
About the Book:


EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton is used to high stress situations, but being forced to land on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient--and a serial killer on the loose--tests her skills and her nerve to the limit. She survives with FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield's help. But she's not out of the woods yet.

In the ensuing days, Penny finds herself under attack. And when news reaches Holt that he may not have gotten his man after all, it will take all he and Penny have to catch a killer--before he catches one of them.





  


My Rating & Thoughts:    


I was hooked right from the first sentence. Penny is flying a helicopter in the middle of a storm with a critical patient on board, but then the helicopter is damaged, and she must do an emergency landing on a mountain without any of her equipment to help her. Once they land Penny trudges out in the storm to try to locate some help, little does she know the FBI is also in the area searching for a serial killer who has escaped prison. As the story develops further it becomes apparent that the serial killer has set their sights on Penny. Due to Penny’s actions on the mountain reporters begin hounding her and one journalist becomes overzealous in his actions. Penny now has both a journalist and a serial killer following her, could they possibly be working together? FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield gets called in to lead the manhunt for the serial killer and when he hears that Penny is involved his determination takes on a whole new level. He and Penny have known each other for a couple years and he has been wanting to ask her out but there always has always been something holding him back. But now with her life in danger he realizes just what she means to him, can he protect her and share his feelings with her. I enjoyed that these two characters already had a friendship building towards a relationship when the story began. (I am not a huge fan of the troupe where two characters just meet and then fall in love while in the middle of very traumatic stressful situations.) I enjoyed the way their relationship developed and reading their inner dialogue about their feelings and hesitations about sharing certain things about themselves. I loved the character of Penny, even though she was shaking on the inside she able to stay calm and think straight during the highly stressful moments, she was also willing to fight back to protect herself and those around her. These actions helped her survive. However also had a vulnerable side and cried when she had a moment to release the tension. Holt was a strong, fierce agent determined to catch the killer. He was protective of Penny without being overbearing and he had a sweet soft side to him. I loved him and it was easy to cheer for these two. While it the serial killer himself was scary, the part that that freaked me out the most was reading about those who worship serial killers and want to become like them. That is so twisted. This story is filled with action and fast paced, I did not want to put it down, and just when I thought I knew what to suspect next a twist happened that shocked me even more. I loved these characters and I really hope I get to see them again in the rest of the series. 


Favourite Quote: 
“You are stronger than you think, Penny, but where you're weak, the Lord is strong. Let him be your strength.”

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment