Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Review: Acceptable Risk by Lynette Eason

Series: Danger Never Sleeps # 2 
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: August 4, 2020
320 pages
About the Book:

Sarah Denning is a military journalist with the Army in the Middle East when her convoy is attacked and she's taken hostage. When former Army Ranger Gavin Black is asked by his old unit commander--Sarah's imposing father--to plan an extremely risky rescue, he reluctantly agrees and successfully executes it. Back in the US, Sarah is livid when she's discharged on a false psychiatric evaluation and vows to return to the Army. Until she learns of her brother's suicide. Unable to believe her brother would do such a thing, she puts her plans on hold and enlists Gavin to help her discover the truth. What they uncover may be the biggest story of Sarah's career--if she can survive long enough to write it. Strap in for another breakneck nail-biter from bestselling romantic suspense author Lynette Eason that will have you up turning pages long into the night.





  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


Wow. I could not put this book down. The action never stopped and kept me on the edge of my seat. Even in the midst of all the action I was laughing out loud with comments made, this added some relief to the stressful situations. After reading the first book of this series I had been really drawn to Caden and was excited when I found out he had a pretty prominent role in this story, however unlike the previous book he didn't take my focus off of the two main characters - Gavin and Sarah. I really liked the strength and determination of both these characters. I was rooting for them to catch the bad guy and while Sarah had problems with her father I was hopeful he wasn't involved. I really liked the ending and was happy with the growth of the characters. This book did not disappoint. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 


Collateral Damage - Danger Never Sleeps # 1

Oath of Honor - Blue Justice # 1

Called to Protect - Blue Justice # 2

Code of Valor - Blue Justice # 3

No comments:

Post a Comment