Thursday, May 26, 2022

Review: A Killer Among Us by Lynette Eason

Series: Women of Justice # 3
Genre: Romantic Suspense 
Publisher: Revell
Released: May 1, 2011
345 pages
About the Book:

Kit Kenyon is a first-rate hostage negotiator. Noah Lambert is a good detective with excellent instincts. The new partners have hardly had time to get used to each other when they are thrown into a grisly murder case. As evidence mounts up and more victims are found, Kit and Noah realize they are on the hunt for a serial killer. The problem is, he's hunting one of them too.







  



My Rating & Thoughts:    


This one felt forced into the series and not as polished as the previous two books. There were places where the timeline or facts did not seem to align. Kit has just recently discovered she is adopted and seeks out her birth family. Her attitude towards her adopted mother (the women who has been her mother her whole life) annoyed me. I realize she was hurt and felt like her mom has been lying to her the whole time, but her mom loved her and did what she thought was right. I did like Noah and how open he was about his faith and never hesitated to pass on his pastor’s contact info. The quick romance between the two partners annoyed me, I don’t feel like they really got to know one another. The characters from the previous two books do appear in this story a little bit, but not nearly enough for my liking. I was disappointed by this book. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 

 

Oath of Honor (Blue Justice #1)
Called to Protect (Blue Justice #2)
Code of Valor (Blue Justice #3)
Vow of Justice (Blue Justice #4)
Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps #1)
Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps #2)
Active Defense (Danger Never Sleeps #3)
Hostile Intent (Danger Never Sleeps #4)
Moving Target (Elite Guardians #3)
Chasing Secrets (Elite Guardians #4)

No comments:

Post a Comment