Sunday, May 8, 2022

Review: Safe House Exposed by Darlene L. Turner

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Love Inspired
Released: Feb. 22, 2022
224 pages

 About the Book:

Witness protection should have kept them safe.

Instead, it left them completely exposed…

Canadian border patrol officer Emma James has only one concern after putting a crime boss behind bars: keeping her daughter safe. But witness protection has a leak, and Emma's enemies know exactly where to find her. Now on the run with no safe haven, trusting her estranged former brother-in-law, police constable Mason James, to shield them is her only hope…






  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


A Canadian Border Patrol Officer, Emma, has gone into Witness Protection with her 4-year-old daughter due to threats she received from a case she was involved with. Her ex-brother-in-law, Mason, is assigned to be the police officer in charge of protecting her. The two has hardly spoken since Mason’s brother, Emma’s husband, passed away 3 years ago so tensions are high between the two of them. Add in the threat of someone after you and not knowing who to trust this created a lot of stressful moments. Each time they get settled into a safe house an incident happens and they are on the move again. There was a lot of action throughout, how is someone figuring out where they are so quickly and who can they really trust. The action kept me guessing on who was really involved and I did not suspect who the real villain was or how they were keeping one step ahead of the cops. However, I did feel like I had read a story with a very similar character relationship build before and it had me wondering if I had already read this book, but I know that I hadn’t because the suspense story line was new to me. (Plus my book tracker said I hadn’t.)

(I borrowed a copy of this book from a friend; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment