Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Review: The Truth Seeker by Dee Henderson

Series: O'Malley #3
Genre: Romantic Suspense 
Publisher: Tyndale House
Released: January 1, 2001
330 pages
About the Book:

Amy Ireland disappeared twenty years ago without a trace. For U.S. Marshall Quinn Diamond, it's a case that has never closed. He's still searching - determined to learn the truth.

Lisa O'Malley is a forensic pathologist: mysteries are her domain. She has worked crime scenes in Chicago for years. Examining a sea of evidence, the connections between victims are so faint that they fade into ill-defined wisps as she searches for a pattern.

The threads are pulling Lisa's and Quinn's cases together. And where they intersect there's a killer who will stop at nothing to see his secret remain buried.

Quinn wanted Lisa's help. He never planned to put her in danger. She didn't expect him to invade her heart...or his God to change her life. And while Lisa understands death and darkness all too well, she's about to discover love and the Resurrection.

My Rating & Thoughts:    

This is book three of the O'Malley series. We are following Quinn, who is a U.S Marshall and partner of Marcus O'Malley, and Lisa O'Malley, who is a forensic pathologist. Quinn comes to town to ask Lisa for her help on a cold case he is working on. We know from book two that Quinn has been pursuing Lisa and Lisa is not interested. I really liked Quinn in book two, he may be a US Marshall but he is a cowboy at heart, growing up in Montana and has a ranch there. I understood why Lisa wasn’t interested in Quinn after learning that not only did he date two of Lisa’s sisters he also asked the third one out, he presents it like he was saving the best for last and Lisa wasn’t buying it and not feeling very special. I was with Lisa on this opinion. I found I struggled to get invested in the case and the way it wraps up left me asking wait what just happened, we went from here to here. I also did not like that Quinn is a Christian and even though Lisa is not a Christian he is pursuing her and hopes that he and her siblings can convert her. He allows his feelings get really involved and even makes a comment at one point that if only I didn't believe. I just didn't connect with it like I did the previous books. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment