Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Review: Jennifer by Dee Henderson

Series: O'Malley Prequel
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Bethany House
Released: Jan. 1, 2010
155 pages
About the Book:

It’s a summer of change for Jennifer O’Malley. The busy physician has a pediatrics practice in Dallas, and meeting Tom Peterson, and falling in love, is adding a rich layer to her life. She’s sorting out how to introduce him to her family–she’s the youngest of seven–and thinking about marriage.

She’s falling in love with Jesus too, and knows God is good. But that faith is about to be tested in a way she didn’t expect, and the results will soon transform her entire family.







My Rating & Thoughts:    


This is a prequel to the O’Malley series, featuring the youngest O’Malley Jennifer. The blurb on the cover says it is an O'Malley love story. I went in expecting a romance, but it is so much more. Jennifer she is a pediatrician at a hospital in Dallas working primarily with kids who have serious illnesses. We see her met Tom and watch their relationship develop. We also see Jennifer discover God, learn about him discovering him and become a Christian. The relationship with God was described so well and so great for a new Christian or somebody that's seeking and looking for answers because it talks about things that all Christians have questions about. It provides straightforward answers that were easy to understand. I would have appreciated a little bit more of the romance because a lot of it happens off the page. We don't see some events happen, you go from one scene and then the next describing what happened in between. It is a novella I did expect this to be the case. Because I have read the rest of the O’Malley series previously, I knew where Jennifer’s story was headed. There is a difficult situation that happens and most likely will make the reader cry. Jennifer’s story does not wrap in this book and carries on through the series. I am slowly making my way through rereading the series. I recommend this story.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment