Saturday, December 29, 2018

Jane Reviews: The Christmas Confection by Shanna Hatfield

Series: Hardman Holidays #6
Genre: Historical Romance
Released: Dec. 5, 2017
330 pages
About the Book:
Born to an outlaw father and a shrewish mother, Fred Decker feels obligated to atone for the past without much hope for his future. If he possessed a lick of sense, he’d pack up and leave the town where he was born and raised, but something. . . someone. . . unknowingly holds him there. Captivated by Hardman’s beautiful baker, Fred fights his attraction to the lovely woman. He buries himself in his work, refusing to let his heart dream.

Elsa Lindstrom adores the life she’s carved out for herself in a small Eastern Oregon town. She and her twin brother, Ethan, run their own bakery where she delights in creating delicious treats. Then Ethan comes home unexpectedly married, the drunks in town mistakenly identify her as a missing harlot, and a mishap in the bakery leaves her at the mercy of the most gossiped-about man in Hardman.

Mix in the arrival of three fairy-like aunts, blend with a criminal bent on dastardly schemes, and sprinkle in a hidden cache of gold for a sweet Victorian romance brimming with laughter and heartwarming holiday cheer.





My Rating & Thoughts:  ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ   (4 stars)


Wow, I did not expect to fall in love with Fred like I did. When I first met him in The Christmas Calamity I did not like him. But now he has grown from a troubled teen into a hardworking, respected man. He struggles to move on from his past, and feels he is not worthy of someone like Elsa, but he can’t stop thinking about her. Elsa has noticed Fred in town and feels attracted to him, but she is hesitant to accept her feelings because she wants to focus on her career. Elsa is able to see beyond Fred’s past and sees his true heart, but is she willing to risk her feelings?

I cheered when Fred stood up to Ethan on behalf of Elsa, someone needed to knock some sense into her brother. He frustrated me! Fred’s three aunts added spunk to the story and Fred’s life. I loved their energy and enthusiasm and looked forward to finding out what they came up with next. Elsa was so sweet and the creations that she was able to come up with at the bakery had my mouth watering. No wonder Fred visited the bakery so often. I was so excited when I got to the end of the book and found out there was another book in this series coming out very soon! I can’t wait to read it.

 
The Christmas Confection Quotes

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment