Sunday, December 2, 2018

Jane Reviews: The Christmas Calamity by Shanna Hatfield

The Christmas Calamity
Series: Hardman Holidays #3
Genre: Historical Romance
Released: Nov. 10, 2014
278 pages
About the Book:
Dependable and solid, Arlan Guthry relishes his orderly life as a banker’s assistant in the small town of Hardman, Oregon. He has good friends, a great job, and the possibility of marriage to the town’s schoolteacher.

His uncluttered world tilts off kilter when the beautiful and enigmatic prestidigitator Alexandra Janowski arrives in town, spinning magic and trouble in her wake as the holiday season approaches.

Magic, humor, and heartwarming moments blend in this sweet holiday read.






My Rating & Thoughts:  ðŸŒŸ 🌟 ðŸŒŸ   (3 stars)

The main character of this story is Arlan, from the previous two books in the series we know that he is Luke’s assistant at the bank, but other than that we don’t know much about him. I enjoyed getting to know him in this one. Alex gets stuck in town after her wagon breaks down on her way through the area. Arlan comes across her in her moment of distress and shows what a gentleman he is.

Alex was an interesting character. I enjoyed how she interacted with Arlan’s friends and the students. Luke was just like a big kid always wanting her to perform a magic trick for him. I did feel like everything seemed to fall into place for Alex. When she doesn’t have the funds to fix her wagon there just happens to be a job opening at the school that she is qualified to do. I did not enjoy the storyline with revolving around Fred. However the storyline that counted, the one with Alex and Arlan kept me interested, I wanted to know who was after Alex, would Arlan follow his heart and would Alex continue to run or will she call Hardman home? I was pleased with the way the story ended, my favourite part being the moment between Luke and Arlan.
 
The Christmas Calamity Quote

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
JaneReads_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thumb

Other Books in the Series:

The-Christmas-Bargain_thumb  The Christmas Token 
4---The-Christmas-Vow_thumb_thumb  5---The-Christmas-Quandary_thumb_thu  6---The-Christmas-Confection_thumb_t  

No comments:

Post a Comment