Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A Table Before Me by Debbie Viguie

Series: Psalm 23 Mysteries # 14
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: Big Pink Bow
Released: Jan. 29, 2018
196 pages
About the Book:
Cindy is dreading Mother’s Day and the arrival of her family to celebrate the holiday while getting to know Jeremiah. The last thing she needs with company coming is another mystery to solve. However, when an acquaintance is accused of murder and begs for her help, how can she refuse? She won’t be any good to anyone, though, if she ends up dead.
Someone is killing off witnesses to a crime she helped solve, and she and Mark realize they are at the top of someone’s hit list. Jeremiah struggles to keep them both safe despite the fact that a mysterious figure is also stalking him. This is shaping up to be a family reunion to remember!
 





 
My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 ðŸŒŸ 🌟  (5 stars)

This is book 14 of the series and picks up right where book 13 ended. I should have known better but I was hoping for things to quiet down in Pine Springs and for Jeremiah and Cindy to be able to start focusing planning their wedding and for Mark to be able to focus on the Paul case. Instead when the last case seems to be wrapped up another one begins, but is it really another case or is it just a continuation of the same case? There were so many twists and turns throughout trying to figure out who really was behind what is going on. Mark ends up enlisting Joseph to help him try to catch the killer, but has he ended up putting Joseph in harm’s way instead? Will they be able to stop the evil before it is too late? I especially felt for Cindy, in addition to being dragged into the case by an acquaintance, being shot at, and her home wrecked she has to deal with the horrible way her mom and brother treat her. Thankfully she has Jeremiah, her wonderful friends and her dad. Just when you think all is over though more twists come and we are left with a cliff hanger. How long must we wait for the next one. Maybe I need to read it again to see if I missed any clues to what might happen next.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)


 
Other Books in the Series:

1 The Lord is my Shepherd  2 I Shall Not Want  3 Lie Down in Green Pastures
4 Beside Still Waters  5 Restoreth My Soul  6 In The Paths of Righteousness
7 For His Name's Sake  8 Walk Through the Valley  9 The Shadow of Death
10 I Will Fear No Evil  11 Thou Art With Me  12 Thy Rod and Thy Staff  13 Comfort Me

No comments:

Post a Comment