Thursday, October 27, 2022

Review: Point of Danger by Irene Hannon

Series: Triple Threat # 1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell 
Released: Oct. 6, 2020
384 pages
About the Book:

Radio talk show host Eve Reilly is used to backlash from her pot-stirring on-air commentary and interviews, but now it seems a disgruntled listener is resorting to more than angry words to express their displeasure. When a suspicious package arrives on her doorstep, Eve turns to law enforcement for help.

Police detective Brent Lange can't find any evidence to link the string of unsettling incidents that follows, but he's convinced they're connected. As the harassment grows more menacing, it becomes clear someone wants Eve's voice silenced--permanently.

But unless he can track down her foe, fast, the gutsy woman who is willing to take risks for what she believes--and who is swiftly winning his heart--may not survive.



  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


I was hooked from page one.  Eve is a radio show host who is being targeted by someone. Police detective Brent responds to the initial call. Upon meeting the two click. However, Brent has no intention of getting involved with anyone ever. His friends and co-workers try to convince him his reasons for this is wrong, but he is stubborn. Will meeting Eve change his mind? These two get to know each other better as more threats to Eve happen. Can they figure out who is targeting her before Eve gets hurt? I liked that Eve tried to follow the advice of law enforcement instead of taking unnecessary risks. I couldn’t stand Steve and was so happy when Meg took action. I would have loved a follow-up on how she was doing by the end of the book. The minor storyline with Doug felt a little out of place and didn’t fit with rest of the events, but I did like the realization that Doug came to. Ms. Hannon has created characters that you want to be around and want to cheer for. I really liked the interactions of Eve and her sisters, their banter was fun. It was cool that Ms. Hannon had one of her characters from a previous series work as a detective with Brent, when he was first introduced I thought I recognized him but wasn’t positive. Then he shared a little bit about himself and I was like that’s the guy from Dangerous Illusions. I had to stop reading to look it up to confirm if I was remembering correctly or not. The revelation of the mastermind in the end shocked me. I had not suspected them at all. It’s amazing how people can keep things about themselves hidden. I loved the characters of Eve and Brent and enjoyed the way their relationship developed. 


Favourite Quote: 
“You have to let people do what they're called to do and put the rest in God's hands. Once you manage that, life is much less stressful.”

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment