Sunday, January 7, 2018

Troubled Waters by Susan May Warren

Series: Montana Rescue #4
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: Jan. 2, 2018
352 pages
About the Book:
Billionaire Ian Shaw can have everything he wants--except a happy ending. Or at least that's what it feels like with his fortune recently liquidated, his niece, Esme, still missing, and the woman he loves refusing to speak to him. In fact, he doubts she would date him even if they were stranded on a deserted island.

Despite her love for Ian, Sierra Rose knows he has no room in his life for her as long as the mystery of his missing niece goes unsolved. The only problem is, Sierra has solved it, but a promise to Esme to keep her whereabouts secret has made it impossible to be around Ian.

When the PEAK chopper is damaged and Sierra lacks the funds to repair it, Ian offers a fundraising junket for large donors on his yacht in the Caribbean. But the three-day excursion turns into a nightmare when a rogue wave cripples the yacht and sends the passengers overboard. Shaken up and soaked to the bone, Ian finally has a chance to test his theory when he and Sierra do indeed find themselves washed up on a strange, empty shore.

It will take guts and gumption for the PEAK team to rescue the duo. But it will take a miracle to rescue Ian and Sierra's relationship.


My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ    (5 stars)

Troubled Waters Quote 1
I have anxiously been awaiting Ian & Sierra’s story ever since reading the prequel, If Ever I Would Leave You, to this series last year. I can’t really explain it but there was just something about these two that touched my heart and I was definitely cheering for them to work through their challenges and get together. Over the past 3 books they have had a really precarious relationship, making me wonder if they could ever move past the hurts between them.
 
Their story took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride, but oh it was so very good! Once I started I could not put it down and finished it in a day. I was just so connected to the characters and absorbed in what was happening. A 3 day yacht cruise goes from a fun lighthearted time to a nightmare and leaves Ian & Sierra fighting for their lives. This adventure had me biting my nails in anticipation. There was a point where one character’s thoughts echoed my thoughts exactly when their inner voice said, “this was not how the story ended for Ian. Or Sierra.” Even though the book focuses on Ian & Sierra, there is more of Pete & Jess’s relationship and it was just as emotional, I cried for Pete. The mystery of Esme’s disappearance is finally solved (but not concluded). Ms. Warren shares the message of God’s unending love for his people through a captivating story. The characters grow as they learn to depend on God, trust him and turn control of their lives over to him.

I thought I had favourite characters in this series, but nope, I am cheering for each character just as much as the next. I now anxiously await the next addition to the series in order to spend more time with the members of PEAK rescue. This book could be read as a standalone, but to fully appreciate the characters I recommend reading it in order.
 
Troubled Waters Quote 2

(I received an ARC of this book through the Revell Reads Blogger Program; opinions expressed
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)


Other Books in the Series:

1_5 If Ever I Would Leave You  1 Wild Montana Skies  2 Rescue Me  3 A Matter of Trust  

No comments:

Post a Comment