Friday, July 12, 2024

More Than A Pretty Face by Karen Witemeyer (Review)

Series: Patchwork Family #2.5 
Genre: Historical Romance 
Publisher: Bethany House
Released: March 1, 2020 
96 pages
About the Book:

Clinging to the hope of escaping her town and her past, Rosalind Kemp keeps her head down and works hard until her contract as a Harvey Girl expires and she can flee. But when her past catches up to her, will she find the courage to stop running and face down her past with the man who has defended her honor from the start?











  


My Rating & Thoughts:    

I picked this up because I had to know what happened with Rosalind after ending her sister's book (More than Words Can Say). This was a sweet romance but too short (as novella's tend to be for me). I feel like I didn't see enough of the romance buildup happen on the page, it went from Caleb expressing interest and then jumps a few weeks to them in a relationship and starting to realize how deep their feelings ran. Once Rosalind's secret of a past mistake is revealed I loved seeing Caleb support her and stand up to his mother. Rosalind learns to not allow the past to dictate her future. As this picks up a few years after the previous book, it was nice to get an update on Zach and Abby. I would recommend reading More than Words Can Say first to get to know Rosalind more and learn what led to the 'mistake' that brought her here.

(I borrowed this book from the library; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment