Saturday, October 14, 2023

Review: True Devotion by Dee Henderson

Series: Uncommon Heroes #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Tyndale House
Released: Jan. 1, 2000
329 pages
About the Book:

Kelly Jacobs has already paid the ultimate price of loving a warrior; she has the folded flag and the grateful thanks of a nation to prove it. Navy SEAL Joe “Bear” Baker can't ask her to accept that risk again—even though he loves her. But the man responsible for her husband's death is back; closer than either of them realize. Kelly is in danger, and Joe may not get there in time.













My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I was hooked from the first scene. I loved the characters of Kelly and Joe. Their debate about moving beyond friends to something more and what was best for the other person felt real and understandable. The pacing of the story kept me invested and intrigued to know where it was going to go. I did not like Charles and was wishing Kelly would stay away from him, but I did like his son Ryan. There were some scary moments that had me asking if they would make it out of the situation uninjured? Kelly has been through a very difficult time period in her life that affected her relationship with God, but we see her realize this and work to improve her relationship with God. She was a character that was easy to root for. I hurt for her at times, but also cheered and smiled for her at other times. I really enjoyed listening to the audio narration of this book.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment