Sunday, May 7, 2023

Review: At Lighthouse Point by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Series: Three Sisters Island #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Revell
Released: May 4, 2021
291 pages

About the Book:

Blaine Grayson returns to Three Sisters Island with a grand plan--to take Camp Kicking Moose to the next level. Her dream starts to unravel when she discovers Moose Manor's kitchen has been badly remodeled by her sister, Cam, who doesn't know how to cook. Added to that blow is the cold shoulder given by her best friend, Artie Lotosky, now a doctor to the unbridged Maine islands.

As old wounds are opened, Blaine starts to wonder if she made a mistake by coming home. Little by little, she must let go of one dream to discover a new one, opening her heart to a purpose and a future she had never imagined.








My Rating & Thoughts:    

Book Three picks up two years later from book two and focuses primarily on Blaine, the youngest sister. When Blaine first arrived on the island she just wanted to leave, but now she has dreams to make the island her home. The family thinks they are helping, but in reality they have made things tougher for her. Blaine has grown up quite a bit since we first met her in the first book. Blaine quickly became one of my favourite characters as I progressed through this series. She tended to be overshadowed by her older sisters and gets ignored making her feel like her opinions don’t really count. She has been through some hard situations and it was uplifting to see her rise above the challenges and try to make her dreams come true. There is a side character that we know has romantic feelings for Blaine and I was cheering for them to get together, but when it happened it fell a little flat for me as all of a sudden it is there, I would have liked to see it develop a little more. I never fully connected with Cam and some of her actions in this book annoyed me and had me not feeling the sympathy for her that maybe I should have due to her situation. I loved watching Blaine’s interactions with Miss Peg

I really enjoyed that each book was told in multiple perspectives and allowed us to follow what was going on with each family member while still following one primary character. As their storylines continue throughout the series, I highly recommending this series back to back. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment