Sunday, April 9, 2023

Review: Agent Undercover by Lynette Eason

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Love Inspired
Released: Aug. 2, 2011
216 pages
About the Book:

What does little Alex know?

The traumatized six-year-old boy hasn't said one word since the unsolved murder of his single mother. And now, the killer is after the child—and the devoted uncle raising him, Dr. Dylan Seabrook. Working undercover in the boy's school, DEA agent Paige Ashworth is determined to find the murderer. But she can't tell Dylan her real identity, what she knows—or just how close to the case she really is. Dylan's strength and fierce love for his nephew soon have Paige longing to join their family. First, though, they must catch a killer who never wants little Alex to speak again.








My Rating & Thoughts:    

Paige is working undercover at an elementary school investing a drug dealer. She ends up getting hurt while trying to protect one of the students and meets Dylan. Dylan has taken custody of his 6-year-old nephew Will after his mother was killed recently. It quickly becomes obvious that Will is the target of some bad guys. Paige and Dylan work together trying to protect Will and catch whoever is trying to harm him. There were a few things that happened in the story that felt unrealistic and ended up taking away some of my enjoyment of it. I feel like Paige recovered way too quickly from the couple of bad accidents she had, would she really be able to do what she did so soon after the various injuries. Secondly, the tornado scene. Will’s terror jumped off the page, he was so young and had been very badly traumatized, it was easy to understand why he wasn’t speaking. I did enjoy the strong faith element and turning to God for help. While I liked the characters the romance between them felt too rushed for me as one was making a huge life decision after only knowing the other for less than two weeks. I know that Love Inspired books are quick romances, but there was just too much that was unrealistic for me to fully enjoy this story. 

Favourite Quotes: 

“One thing about faith was accepting that you couldn't see the big picture.”

(I purchased my copy of this bookopinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment