Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Review: Over Maya Dead Body by Sandra Orchard

Series: Serena Jones Mystery #3
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: July 4, 2017
348 pages

About the Book:

FBI Special Agent Serena Jones arrives on Martha's Vineyard with her family, ready for a little bit of R&R and a whole lot of reminiscing as they celebrate the engagement of an old family friend. But crime doesn't take a vacation, and she's soon entangled in an investigation of a suspicious death tied to an antiquities smuggling ring.

When her investigation propels her into danger, Serena must stay the course and solve this case before anyone else dies. But just how is she supposed to do that when the two men in her life arrive on the scene, bringing with them plenty of romantic complications--and even a secret or two?



  


My Rating & Thoughts:    

I picked up book three because I can’t end a series at book two even though I wasn’t in love with the series. I think the fact this this storyline revolved more around Serena's personal and family life, and that I had become invested in the characters from books one and two, I enjoyed this one that much more. It easily is my favourite of the series. We follow Serena and her family to Martha's Vineyard to visit a family friend. Upon their arrival they learn that he has recently died, and they question whether it was accidental or murder. Serena begins investigating and the two possible love interests arrive to help her.  I was smiling the whole way through even though it dealt with investigating a possible murder. The antics of the characters entertained me. I was hesitant to even read this series because I had heard that it featured a love triangle and I don’t normally like those, but it did not feel like Serena was leading either guy on, she seemed oblivious to their interest and sees them as friends only. Her mom is trying to set her up with one of them and her aunt is trying to set her up with the other. There was one guy that I preferred over the other not that the other guy was bad or there was anything wrong with him I just had a preference. Only one kiss that happens in this whole book and it happens between Serena and the guy she ends up with, I liked that there was no romantic leading on throughout the story. I was very happy with when it ended with Serena choosing the guy I chose. 

(I was gifted this book from my mom; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment