Saturday, April 29, 2023

Review: Relative Justice by Robert Whitlow

Genre: Legal Thriller
Publisher: Thomas Nelson 
Released: April 12, 2022
447 pages
About the Book:

For the attorneys at Cobb and Cobb, the pursuit of justice is about more than legal expertise; it’s a family matter. David Cobb is not a typical lawyer—he’s more interested in dispensing God’s wisdom than pertinent legal advice. High-stakes litigation is way outside his comfort zone. For many years Zeke Caldwell has been concocting home remedies made from natural ingredients found in the coastal marshes near Wilmington, North Carolina. One of his remedies proved so effective that he patented it with the help of David’s father. Now he suspects a big drug company has stolen his formula. What he doesn’t know is that the theft has deeper, more evil roots. When Zeke asks David to help fight the drug company, David knows the suit is beyond his expertise and experience. But his sister-in-law, Katelyn Cobb, is a rising star attorney in a prestigious Washington, DC, law firm. The courtroom is her second home. Could she help? Would she even consider it? Life’s circumstances compel the lawyers to face, not only patent piracy, but personal obstacles and struggles that threaten to rip apart the fabric of the family. The fight for Zeke requires all the relatives to unite for justice. Praise for Relative Justice : “Robert Whitlow’s legal expertise shines in Relative Justice , a story of patent infringement and illegal gains, but it’s his characters who will steal the readers’ hearts. Katelyn Martin-Cobbs, her husband Robbie, and his family face trials that allow them to heal old wounds and forge new bonds. 


My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐

We meet the Cobb family. Carter and his son, David run a law firm together and are approached by a family friend Zeke Caldwell who suspects that a drug company has copied his formula for some medication even though he has the patent for it. So they start looking it and deciding what to do, meanwhile Carter has an emergency happen and his other son, Robbie and his wife Caitlyn, come to town. Caitlyn is a lawyer as well but working at a major law firm in Washington and Robbie is an outdoor guide who working for a non-profit. They come to be with the family and as events transpire Caitlyn comes on board at the family law firm to help for temporarily. I found this story very character driven which I absolutely loved. There was not a lot of legal scientific stuff with the patent and the medication and did not override the character storyline. I was able to follow exactly what was going on. Caitlyn was my favorite character, I loved following her and getting to know what she's experienced and how she makes a decision. She is starting find faith through her husband and his family and I really enjoyed the way it was told. I loved this story and I think it was because I loved the characters so much. It was definitely a family driven story because we have David, his wife and his two kids, then we have Caitlin and her husband Robbie, and the father/grandfather and then the really good friend Zeke. Who not only comes to them for help, but also helps the family during their emergency situation. They all rally around Carter and work together to assist one another. The ending even had me wishing the best for the bad guy, which shocked me because this guy has obviously copied Zeke’s patent and was trying to make money off it. But the bit at the end make want the best for him. I absolutely loved the characters and the family dynamic and the scientific side of it did not take me out of the story. I would highly recommend reading this story. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment