Monday, January 9, 2023

Review: It Had to be You by Susan May Warren

Series: Christiansen Family #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Tyndale House
Released: Jan. 17, 2014
481 pages
About the Book:

Eden Christiansen never imagined her role as her younger brother Owen's cheerleader would keep her on the sidelines of her own life. Sure, it feels good to be needed, but looking after the reckless NHL rookie leaves little time for Eden to focus on her own career. She dreamed of making a name for herself as a reporter, but is stuck writing obits--and starting to fear that she doesn't have the chops to land a major story. If only someone would step up to mentor Owen . . . but she knows better than to expect help from team veteran and bad-boy enforcer Jace Jacobsen. Jace has built his career on the infamous reputation of his aggressive behavior--on and off the ice. Now at a crossroads about his future in hockey, that reputation has him trapped. And the guilt-trip he's getting from Eden Christiansen isn't making things any easier. But when Owen's carelessness leads to a career-threatening injury and Eden stumbles upon a story that could be her big break, she and Jace are thrown together . . . and begin to wonder if they belong on the same team after all.


 

My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐⭐

This was my third time reading it and I loved it just as much. I felt like I could relate to Eden, feeling like she gets lost in the shadows of her family. She doesn't realize what she does for those around her. Jace also captured my heart, from the outside it looks like he has everything going for him, but he is struggling inside. Eden and Jace clash, Eden blames Jace for his influence on her brother Owen and Jace finds Eden to be overbearing. As these two get to really know each other they realize that you can't judge someone based on outward appearances and rumors. I loved how Jace purposely made moves to make Eden feel special. The interweaved stories of Sam and his daughter Maddie, and Owen's struggles were heart-wrenching. I cried a few times during this story, however it was so worth the emotions. I enjoyed how the author took the reader though so many emotions and showed how God is there for you all the time through everything. I enjoyed the mix of trying to figure out who John Doe’s story, family drama and romance. I am looking forward to spending more time with these characters in future books. 

Favourite Quote: 
“God's love is too bright for the darkness to win.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment