Friday, May 17, 2024

Someone to Trust by Melanie D. Snitker (Review)

Series: Life Unexpected #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Dallionz Media
Released: May 20, 2017
188 pages
About the Book:

She wants to give him her heart. He wants to give her the best chance at a happy life. They’re headed separate ways . . . until faith steps in.

Chess Summers never got to have a “real” family growing up. Thankfully, his makeshift family of former foster kids has given him the sense of belonging he’s always been missing. However, insecurities about his dark past may cost him the future he longs for, especially when it comes to Brooke, the spunky and beautiful woman he has found himself falling for. He’s determined to protect her, and convinced she deserves someone much better than him.

Brooke Pierce may have had a rough childhood, but she also had her trust in Christ, which sustained her through it all. When Chess crushes Brooke’s dreams of a future together, she must rely on faith once again to heal her heart and help her move on. But is walking away from each other the answer? Or does redemption lie in these two broken spirits facing the past together?




 My Rating & Thoughts:    

I liked the found family aspect and the way they were there for one another, however I did not like how Brooke and her friends didn't see an issue with Brooke having strong romantic feelings and and dreams for Chess when he wasn't a Christian. This should have concerned them more than what his feelings for Brooke were. Chess was my favourite character, he was a good guy who would set aside his wants for someone else and is carrying such guilt for failing at things that should have never been his to carry in the first place, he was only a child at time. I liked seeing him let go of his guilt and find peace with God. I just wish that this was a bigger part of the story than the romance between him and Brooke.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment