Sunday, July 15, 2018

Jane Reviews: Deadly Undertow by Christy Barritt

Series: Lantern Beach # 6
Genre: Mystery /Suspense
Publisher: River Heights
Released: June 20, 2018
212 pages
About the Book:
The current’s fatal pull is powerful, but so is one detective’s will to live.

When someone from Cassidy Livingston’s past shows up on Lantern Beach and warns her of impending peril, opposing currents collide, threatening to drag her under. Running would be easy. But leaving would break her heart.

Cassidy must decipher between the truth and lies, between reality and deception. Even more importantly, she must decide whom to trust and whom to fear. Her life depends on it. As danger rises and answers surface, everything Cassidy thought she knew is tested.

In order to survive, Cassidy must take drastic measures and end the battle against the ruthless gang DH-7 once and for all. But if her final mission fails, the consequences will be as deadly as the raging undertow.

Deadly Undertow Quote 1

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ    (4 stars)   

I did not want to put this book down. I was captivated the whole way through. Story entails many intense moments with twists and turns that had me fearful for Cassidy’s life. I had to keep reading to find out if she would survive the danger facing her this time. Someone from Cassidy’s past has found her and now she faces her toughest decision yet and no matter which choice she makes someone is bound to be hurt. Can Cassidy and Ty’s relation survive the test that has been put in front of them?

I loved this book, I had my suspicions of who the ultimate bad guy was, but like Cassidy I was torn and began to question everything put in front of me. Who is telling the truth and who is hiding something? There was a climax moment that had me holding my breath and asking did that really just happen or is there more to it? Will Cassidy have to spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder? Book six provides a answers to many questions and a satisfying conclusion to the case that Cassidy has been living. I loved the ending and as much as I am sad that this series is over, I am pleased with the way this case wrapped up. I have grown to love the friends Cassidy made on Lantern Beach and am hopeful that we will get to see them again. I am looking forward to seeing what Ms. Barritt comes up with next for her readers.

Deadly Undertow Quote 2

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this
review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment