Sunday, June 10, 2018

Jane Reviews: In the Presence of Mine Enemies by Debbie Viguie

In the Presence of Mine Enemies
Series: Psalm 23 Mysteries # 15
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: Big Pink Bow
Released: May 30, 2018

About the Book:

Jeremiah has worked really hard to put his past behind him. His carefully built house of cards all begins to tumble down, though, when he’s accused of murder. Complicating things is the fact that enemies of his past have found him and are determined to destroy him for good. Everyone he loves is a target and he must do everything in his power to protect them and put his own demons to rest before someone else he knows is killed. 
 





 
In The Presence of Mine Enemies Quote 1

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ    (4 stars)
 
I first discovered this series in 2011 and have been following Cindy and Jeremiah ever since. I have grown to really enjoy the friendships between all the main characters. They are there for each other whenever needed and will stand up for one another. This was especially true in this story when Cindy’s mom and brother were completely out of line in comments they made about Cindy and Jeremiah. I cheered when Tracey reacted on Cindy’s behalf.

This story picks up right where the previous book ended, and you are immediately immersed into the action. Not only has Jeremiah has been arrested for murder but at the same time it appears there are others determined to kill him. In order to protect Cindy and his friends he recruits a contact to protect them while he sets out on his own to stop these people. Cindy is determined to be there for Jeremiah and figure out not only who is framing him for murder but also help him stop those that have ugly plans for him. I had no idea who was behind any of the events. Each twist and turn kept me guessing and cringing. There were times I found the subject to be a bit dark. I do have to say there was one word used (just once but still) that I did not appreciate reading and feel a different word could have conveyed the same meaning.
 
Just like previous books this book ended with a cliff-hanger that has left me guessing what is going to happen next. Cindy has grown so much since the beginning of this series. 

In The Presence of Mine Enemies Quote 2
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
 
Other Books in the Series:

1-The-Lord-is-my-Shepherd_thumb  2-I-Shall-Not-Want_thumb  3-Lie-Down-in-Green-Pastures_thumb
4-Beside-Still-Waters_thumb2  5-Restoreth-My-Soul_thumb  6-In-The-Paths-of-Righteousness_thum
7-For-His-Names-Sake_thumb  8-Walk-Through-the-Valley_thumb  9-The-Shadow-of-Death_thumb  10-I-Will-Fear-No-Evil_thumb
  11-Thou-Art-With-Me_thumb  12-Thy-Rod-and-Thy-Staff_thumb  13-Comfort-Me_thumb  14 A Table Before Me

No comments:

Post a Comment