Friday, May 25, 2018

First Line Friday (Week 54): Perilous Riptide


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books.
 
Today's book is: Perilous Riptide by Christy Barritt

This is the fifth book in this series and just released last Thursday. I have already finished it and will tell you that I am loving this series.

Perilous Riptide
First (few) Lines:
"Cassidy Livingston leaned against one of the thick wooden posts that held her tiny beach cottage high off the sandy ground. After giving Kujo - an adorably sweet golden retriever with an unfortunate name - a pat on the head, she signed. She never thought she'd get this much enjoyment from doing nothing."


Yes I gave you first 3 lines. I love the third line and debated about sharing just that line instead of the first, but then I decided I would be nice and give you more of Ms. Barritt's writing.  Do you get enjoyment from doing nothing sometimes? I think we all need moments like this to refresh.



Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!
 

5 comments:

  1. I have an incredibly difficult time doing nothing. My version of doing nothing is reading a book ;-)

    I'm featuring the first line from 'Dancing in the Rain' by Eileen Rife and Jennifer Slattery on my blog today, but I'm currently up to chapter eleven, so here's the first line from chapter eleven:

    "Nervous energy filled Loni's stomach as her plane made its descent into Blountville, Tennessee."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from To Kill a Mockingbird -- one of my most favorite books ever written. So here I will share from the book I am currently reading, The Theory of Happily Ever After by Kristin Billerbeck. I am just beginning chapter 14, so I will share the first line from there.

    "Try as I might, I can't release Sam's kiss from my memory."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book I'm sharing on my blog this week is Unblemished by Sara Ella but it's also the book I'm currently reading so I'll share the first line from chapter 4 here: "The expression on El's face before the wall closed was all the proof I required." Hope you have a happy Memorial Day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Saturday and Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete