Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Charming the Troublemaker by Pepper Basham

Series: Mitchell's Crossroads # 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Bling! Romance
Released: Nov. 1, 2017
296 pages
About the Book:
Rainey Mitchell is doing just fine. She has a great job helping children in need, her family is around her, she is mother to a fabulous little girl, and is getting over the betrayal of her ex-husband. Dr. Alex Murdock is not doing so well, as he is forced to work at a rural university, his life is full of secrets surrounding his family, and he has to start over in a new town.

Luckily, Rainey, the daughter of his landlord, is there to get him settled. Rainey just wants to stay away from the new professor, who has the same charm as her ex. Unfortunately, they seem to need each other. Rainey needs his grant-writing ability to save her program, and Alex is terrible at the lecturing at which Rainey excels. The two must work together to fulfill their goals, but will they be able to do it? Rainey's insecurities and Alex's obsession with protecting his family could be their undoing.
 
Charming the Troublemaker Quote 1
My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ    (5 stars)

Alex Murdock is a character that has many layers to him, at first he comes across as overly confident in himself and having a bit of an ego, but as you get to know him you find out he is hiding a wounded spirit in need of healing. As the story progressed he grew more and more on me. He was a true charmer to Rainey and so sweet with Sarah.

It took me a bit to connect with Rainey, but it was easy to understand her hesitation towards Alex once you got to know more of her back story. She may have trouble trusting men, but she has her mama’s heart for others and especially the children at TLC. She is willing to do whatever it takes to save the centre, even if that means asking Alex for help. The step she made in the materials room was the moment she won my affection.

Alex’s lighthearted teasing with Rainey would put a smile on my face each and every time. I loved that he wasn’t shy about his feelings with her and truly showed her how you treated someone you loved. I felt these two complimented one another well and I found it easy to root for them to find a happily ever after together. As much as I loved Alex’s interactions with Rainey, it was his tenderness with Sarah that really pulled at my heart.

This story made me laugh so hard at times. I am glad I was alone when I read the mud incident; I really struggled to contain my laughter so much during this incident. It was so well written it was like I was seeing it play out right in front of me.

I have grown to love Mitchell’s and really hope Ms. Basham has plans to return to this area and acquaint us with more of the family.
 
 Charming the Troublemaker Quote 2

 (I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
Other Books by Pepper Basham:
 
The-Thorn-Bearer_thumb_thumb  The-Thorn-Healer_thumb_thumb  The-Thorn-Keeper_thumb_thumb
Just the Way You Are_thumb  A Twist of Faith

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are really moving through these books!! I need to write more quickly :-) Thank you so much. I'm THRILLED you enjoyed #AdorkableAlex. He was LOADS of fun to write...and the mud scene? One of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing wonderful stories that not only entertain but are thought-provoking.

      Delete