Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Jane Reviews: Tides of Deception by Christy Barritt

Series: Lantern Beach Suspense #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: River Heights
Released: August 14, 2018
198 pages
About the Book:
Change has come to Lantern Beach: a new police chief, a new season, and . . . a new romance?

Austin Brooks has loved Skye Lavinia from the moment they met, but the walls she keeps around her seem impenetrable. Skye knows Austin is the best thing to ever happen to her. Yet she also knows that if he learns the truth about her past, he’d be a fool not to run.

A chance encounter brings secrets bubbling to the surface, and danger soon follows. Are the life-threatening events plaguing them really accidents . . . or is someone trying to send a deadly message?

With the tides on Lantern Beach come deception and lies. One question remains—who will be swept away as the water shifts? And will it bring the end for Austin and Skye, or merely the beginning?
 
                                                     Christy Barritt's Website
 
My Rating & Thoughts:  ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ   (5 stars)

This is book one of the spin off series from Lantern Beach Mysteries, and features the closest friends of Cassidy and Ty. I was excited to return to Lantern Beach, not only had the community captured my heart but the friendships Cassidy and Ty had made me want to know more about their friends. We knew the surface stuff about Austin and Skye, what they did for a living, that they both believe in God and had seen glimpses of interest in one another, but that’s about as far as it went in the original series. Now these two are the focus of this one. Austin is ready to declare his feelings but is worried that Skye doesn’t feel the same and he doesn’t want to ruin their friendship. When a friend from Skye’s past appears on the island she is thrown for a loop, questions arise that begins seeking answers for however someone is determined to keep her away and her life is threatened multiple times. The danger makes Austin realize just how important Skye is to him and he not only declares his feelings but sets out to prove to her that no matter what is in her past it will not change his feelings for her.  
 
Right from the first page I was engrossed in the story and did not want to stop reading, the intrigue, mystery and romantic interest grabbed me. While I was pretty sure I knew who the bad guy was I had to what was going to happen next and if things would work out for Austin and Skye. Can Skye learn to trust Austin with her past? What secret is Austin keeping? Will their pasts keep them apart? 
 
I loved Austin, not only is he a hero when saves a boy’s life, but he is gentle with Skye, protecting and supporting her without being overbearing. I really enjoyed watching their friendship bloom into a romantic relationship. I felt for Skye and the things she has gone through, she has changed from the person she used to be and deserves peace and happiness going forward. With Austin by her side and her focus on God she will be okay. I would be remiss not to mention how much I loved reconnecting with Cassidy and Ty and seeing Cassidy in her now role of Police Chief. I can’t wait for the next book in this series.
 
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this
review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
JaneReads

No comments:

Post a Comment